Wednesday 2 April 2014

PJ off to GHA


Last Saturday's win over Hawick marked the departure of not one but two Peters.  Not only was it the last game in charge for head coach Peter Laverie, but it was also the final time scrum-half Peter Jericevich ran out in a pink and black shirt, in a fifteens game anyway.

After two seasons with Ayr RFC, he is moving on to GHA to be player-coach and hopefully further his career ambitions of becoming a professional coach.

Although looking forward to pastures new (or old, as he previously played for GHA), Peter has really enjoyed his time at Millbrae. 

"Ayr is a great club with great people and support.  I moved to Ayr in the summer of 2012 for a new challenge and it was great to win the league and cup double in my first season, whilst also being part of the first team to have their name engraved on the Bill McLaren Shield."

As well as winning trophies in the Ayr colours, he also made several appearances in the dark blue.

"I won my seventh Scotland Sevens cap and achieved four Scotland Club XV caps over my two seasons at Ayr, so I am very thankful to everyone who has helped me during my time at the club.  It is a good squad to be part of with a lot of talent and strong characters, but I feel it is the right decision to move on and progress with my coaching."

Peter will certainly be missed by the Millbrae faithful who always delighted in his tenacious defensive efforts and fleetness of foot, which saw him score many an exciting try.  He will hopefully get one final outing for Ayr on Saturday 12th April at the Greenyards.

"I hope to be involved at the Melrose Sevens.  It would be great to end my short but successful time at Ayr with some more silverware."

We wish Peter all the best for his new role at GHA.




No comments:

Post a Comment